Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good quickie getaway

Sail Date: November 01, 2010

For South Florida coastal residents, Cococay isn't a big deal, although it's a nice, natural beach - which means it's got seaweed and a few jellyfish and rocks. If you're expecting sugar sand, you may be disappointed.

I had a good time just walking the island and stretching my legs. Also some neat things to look at if you snorkel. Food there was OK, but better on the ship. Plenty of shuttle boats so you can get back when you want.

the only unpleasant feature was the small contingent of backward hat worn all day and night, tank top and flip flop barbarians who wouldn't meet the dress code at Alcatraz -- otherwise it would all have been perfect.

All in all, better than I expected for the price and I would do it again.

Pros: Shipe was - ship shape. Staff was excellent, food better than expected.

Cons: Some passengers think 'formal' means flip-flops and tank tops

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Ship has a few years on it, but is very well maintained and clean.
I enjoyed the food - great selection in the buffet.
Small, but adequate and clean
Well trained, friendly and knowledgeable people