Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The worst cruise have ever experienced!

Sail Date: November 22, 2010

I am a 3 star mariner with HAL: my first cruise with RC...
The ship is old and shows its age; The cabins are rediculously small (as a single traveller, I asked to have the extra bed taken out of the room and was told it had to stay because there was no place to store it) and the bathrooms incredibly, uncomfortably small (the shower curtain stuck to you as you washed); there are no amenities in the room (safe, robes, bath accessories, hairdryer, radio, no evening chocolate on the bed (towel animal 2 out of 4 nights); if I hadn't been in the room when they came to check the mini-bar,I would have been charged for candy and cookie that was never there; the food was terrible with a great acccent on Indian food (on other cruises I was offered a vegetarian menu); with 600+ children, there was no adult pool (I object to swimming in pee); the same music palyed at the pol for 3 days straight; couldn't get into adult activities as the children were up until all hours and registering for kareoke and other nighttime activities,captain and officers never around; The climbing wall looks great in the press...but the weather made it unusable 2 out of 3 days times I tried it; the piano bar entertainment (Patrice)refused to play Broadway showtunes..he had a set playlist...ignored the small audience that would stay for a while and played on,

Pros: The entertainers were excellent; the social staff did the best they could with what seemed to be sincerity for the passenger's enjoyment (trivia, games, improv) .

Cons: cabin! food!!

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

I got away from the busy beaches and could swim and relax in relative peace
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
waste of time