Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Monarch of the seas was amazing!

Sail Date: July 02, 2010

The experience was amazing. Seriously you're gonna have the time of your life if you're looking to have fun (even more than fun) and need to get away from the ordinary life. Trust me, a cruise to the Bahamas and specifically Monarch of the seas is the way to go.

There was one only thing i was a little bit disappointed. At Coco Cay my GF and I bought a "Coco Loco" one for each (coconut juice & rum) probably one hour before we decided to go on the jet ski's. We signed up and waited almost an hour. When finally we were up, we approached at the counter with out drinks which were almost empty already. The guys says: "guys you're not supposed to consume alcohol before the ride" and points at a sign they had there which we hadn't seen. OK, so we told him it was only drink, he said still he couldn't do it. So I asked if then at least we could wait for the next departure time to what he replied he couldn't do it either. He said: "no alcohol at all before the ride". Are you kidding? I completely understood and respected their policy, but wasn't he a little bit exaggerated? basically they preferred us paying 14 dollars for those two coco loco's vs 124$ we were gonna pay for the jet ski's? Plus, it's not like one alcohol beverage stays in your system the whole day. This just my point of view, a shame really cause I had been looking forward for that moment since the beginning of the cruise. oh well.

Pros: overall the cruise in general and how organized everything was

Cons: issue i had with the jet ski's

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

day time staff was amazing, everyone greeted you and had a smile at all times. There was only one little thing, lol, not important i would say but i did notice it. One night I couldn't sleep and around 4am i woke up and went out my stateroom to take a walk on the ship. Night staff was completely the opposite as day time. They all seemed tired and I was never greeted and even got a bit of an attitude from one of the employees when i asked a question. I mean, it was just so clearly opposite that i noticed it right a way. No biggie though.
Good. Everything was small but perfectly organized and my girlfriend and i never had space problems. One thing i did notice, there was a bit of dust on top of our closet. Again, not that I cared, i'm just providing my feedback.
Awesome!
There were activities going on all they long. No possible way you could get bored at any time.