Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun Cruise with Family

Sail Date: May 01, 2010

I was pleased with the Monarch of the Seas. There were a few maintenance problems (i.e. dripping from the ceiling in the main stairwell, toilet not flushing), but everything was addressed and fixed quickly. Also, that is to be expected to happen every so often. But I was very impressed with the options the ship offered for entertainment. I enjoyed the pool games, comedy shows, and the casino! The food at the buffets and dining room was great! I felt like I always had something offered to me. The staff was nice and helpful also. I really enjoyed my time, and I would go on a cruise with this ship again!

Pros: I had fun sitting by the pool watching people participate in funny games. I also enjoyed my time on the islands. Cococay was beautiful!

Cons: I least liked the guy that was in charge of the Muster Drill. He was veryrude when conducting the drill. But it only lasted 15 minutes and I never saw him again!

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I would rate "the best" if it wasn't for my experience with the guy in charge of the muster station drill. When trying to get everyone's attention, he was very rude and spoke down to everyone. He treated us like children and many people were angered by it. Other than he, the staff was very nice and helpful. My waiter and stateroom attendent were A+.
Clean, roomy, and enjoyable!
Food was great! It was nice to have 5 days of gourmet food!
My ocean view room was spacious enough for my sister and I to have all our belongings and still have room.
Great entertainment options on ship. The ports of call, Nassau and Cococay were both very enjoyable. We were able to rent a boat to go out and spread my mother's ashes in Nassau. It was beautiful. And Cococay was like paradise, I really enjoyed my time there.