Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Post Graduation Review

Sail Date: May 11, 2009

The ship was older (so I heard) but it did not lack in accommodations or service. The staff was more than friendly, efficient and willing to help with any request. This was my fiance and my first cruise and we were really impressed. The captain kept us informed on the weather and our whereabouts etc. Although we did not participate in many of the activities, there was plenty to choose from. My fiance is a foodie and is very picky about the quality of his food and he loved all the food every day (he ate about 5-6 meals a day). Our day trip to Coco key was great also, the food there was good also. I would recommend this ship/cruiseline to anyone.

Pros: Great Service, Food, Hand sanitizind stations

Cons: NO LOBSTER!! - This was our first cruise so we have nothing to compare it to.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I had been to the Bahamas many times so I did not do any of the "touristy" things. We traveled off the beaten path, caught a bus (1.25/person vs. $30 via taxi) to one of my favorite restaurants and had an amazing lunch and the BEST daiquiri you'll ever have in your life. Afterward we went to a beach and enjoyed the water. Most people go right to the straw market or Senor Frogs or Atlantis and miss out on the rest of the island. My friend and I also found a jewelry store that was giving free pearl pendent with the purchase of a necklace, we got a really good deal and we just had to go done a little further than most tourists.
Don't Miss: Twin Brothers. Take bus 10 to the Fish Fry. You won't regret it.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
If you want something to do, there's plenty; but if you want to just chill, you can do that to. I actually took a nap in one of the lounge chairs, while my fiance and our friends went around the island. The BBQ was pretty good too.