Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First time cruise

Sail Date: April 24, 2009

This was my first cruise so I was expecting a larger ship but the ship was
beautiful and well maintained. I was disappointed at some of the food choices.
I really expected more meat choices for dinner and extravagant desserts. I've always heard about ice sculptures as part of the displays and did not see any
of these. The staterooms were so small that I probably will not cruise again. I
did not appreciate the shower curtain clinging to my legs and water leaking out
into the bathroom.

Pros: the friendly staff; dining experience in the formal dining room

Cons: There was only one pool open which quickly became very crowded

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Beautiful island. It was very windy and cool the day we arrived so we could not fully enjoy the sand beaches but the color of the water made it impressive anyway. We had great fun having our hair braided, shopping at the Straw Market and just relaxing.
The most enjoyable experience were the gardens with the flamingos. They were very entertaining and fun. The biggest disappointment was finding out that the Straw Market was not open; and that the shops closed at 5:30PM. We only had 2 hours to shop by the time we completed our tour.
Don't Miss: The marching flamingos