Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

NOT a cruise for families w/ young ones

Sail Date: July 01, 2008

I was really disappointed with this cruise. I have a 15 year old, 13 year old and 9 year old. They were old enough to tune out the profanity but the smell of alcohol permeated the hallways at night. I realize these were a bunch of 20 year olds having a good time and I really don't fault them or the cruise for that, it's just not a good environment for kids. We had to pull our daughter out of the pool in the evening because this guy was completely drugged out, rambling about nonsense and trying to sell "something good" to my husband. It was just weird. Oh, and can't forget my 15 year old telling me he was sorry he didn't get to see the "girl on girl" kissing contest! This cruise is cheap but thats why you have so many bachelor/bachelorette parties and just young adults out to have a REALLY good time. Just not a good environment for young families.

Pros: The Staff was wonderful.

Cons: The bathrooms smelled, too many drunk 20 year olds

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.