Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Very fun first cruise!

Sail Date: June 20, 2008

This was our first cruise and it was great. Before the cruise was even over, my husband told me he wanted to go on another, longer, cruise.
We only ate in the dining room 2 nights....the night in Ensenada, I had too much tequila and couldn't make it to the dining room. We wound up eating at the buffet where the staff took pity on me in my drunken state and made me some hot tea. They even remembered me the next day and asked how I was feeling. :)
There is one complaint though; our cabin bathroom would absolutely reek sometimes, as if we were directly connected to the septic tank. The smell would come and go, but when it smelled, I could not even go in there for fear of throwing up. We never called anyone to report it, so I can't say how the staff would have handled the situation. Other than that, we loved this cruise!!

Pros: stateroom attendant, relaxation, pool deck

Cons: smell in our bathroom

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Ensenada, Mexico
We decided not to take any tours and just walked the city. We absolutely loved it. Don't bother with the shuttles waiting to take you into the city. It's only a 5 minute walk from the ship and the shuttles charge $3 per person (But don't tell you until they are already driving into town). Also, the shuttle touts their trip to La Bufadora, but when I asked, they said you are there for 3 hours. However, the tour operator kept saying there wasn't much to do in La Bufadora. We didn't want to be stuck down there, waiting for a tour to drive us back. You can just get a taxi in Ensenada if you want to go to La Buf.
Don't Miss: Shopping, eating, Papa's and Beer (if you like spring break atmosphere)