Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

1st with Royal Caribbean and last

Sail Date: April 01, 2008

This was my eight cruise (1st with Royal Caribbean and last). My overall review with this cruise line was very poor compared to Carnival Cruise lines. The stateroom was ridiculously small; the entertainment was terrible the dancers were bad looking and bad. They dont have an ice cream machine and was told its because the ship has no room to put it, but had room for a Ben and Jerrys store with extra cost. On the 3rd day of the cruise fun day at sea they stopped the ship in the middle of the ocean and as we all know when the ship stops in the ocean lots of people get motion sick in which I did and noticed lots of people were feeling like me. When I asked guest services why we had stopped they told me the sea was too rough to go forward. After arguing with them for a while they moved the ship and lot of people were feeling better. Later we found out that the ship stops all the time on day 3 so they do not get to the destination earlier then expected. Just a suggestion do like Carnival cruise lines and leave from the port of call a little later to avoid stopping in the middle of no where and ruining our vacation. I have never witnessed in my 8 times that I have been with carnival that the ship stop in the ocean. To top it off they told me to pick up the drinks that I had bought from the duty free shops on the last day. I went on the last day and the shops were closed. I had to run all around the ship to find my drinks that I purchases with them.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.