Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Service was the best

Sail Date: September 04, 2006

I enjoyed the ship and the spa especially. I had a spa day and I was very impressed with the knowledge and the wonderful uplifing attitudes of the young ladies. Johnny-O aka "Fluff Daddy" was great. The guest entertainers were fun. The cruise was packed and I felt that some of the guests did not have any common manners.

Pros: Customer Service

Cons: The age of the ship

Catalina Island, California
We did the interior tour, was a bit long and hot. Did enjoy the Wrigley Arabian Horse Farm and Richard our tour guide was great.
Don't Miss: Walking the areas on the port, and the shops
San Diego, California
My husband did the Port Tour with the Midway.
Don't Miss: I did a spa day
San Diego, California
My husband did the Port Tour with the Midway.
Don't Miss: I did a spa day
Catalina Island, California
Don't Miss: Walking the areas on the port, and the shops
Ensenada, Mexico
We did not care for the Tour of La Buforda and Forklorico. We had to walk down through the vendor stalls with them yelling to come into their shops. This bothers me as we do not do this in the USA. The forklorico was ok, alot of people in a small area. I had to leave and walk back to the ship because I was not feeling well and the Tour guide gor upset that we were not staying, could it be because maybe she was going to miss a tip, Also she came on the bus speaking all spanish and then finally she started speaking very broken english.
Ensenada, Mexico