Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was my first cruise, and if not my last, then it will be my next to last. It was perfect for our intended purpose: a get together for family members from across the country. Embarkation simulated a cattle drive. Food service was excellent - best experience of the whole cruise. Entertainment was non-existent unless you stayed up until the wee hours. Shows were not scheduled in coordination with seating times. You had to cut your meals short to catch a 7:30 show, or wait until bedtime to see the shows. Our children did not participate in the kids programs. They wanted to, the the centers weren't open at the time. By the time they opened, the kids lost interest. We had a problem with the phone - an ear piercing noise when connecting with a stateroom of one of our party members. This was reported several times a day and wasn't resolved for 3 days!!! By then the cruise was over, but my ears are still ringing! If you were lucky enough to find a seat by the pool, you weren't there for long. The music system was so loud you didn't want to stay, which is probably planned. As well as the slow elevator service during the day. Disembarkation went more smoothly. Of course, we disembarked prior to our color being called, but the whole process only took 15 minutes!!! I've read reviews that said they pushed drinks from the moment you got on the ship til the moment you got off. Well, I kept waiting to be pushed!!! Finding someone to serve you a drink was harder than finding a place to store six pieces of luggage in a 119-sq.-ft. cabin!!!!!