Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

What a cruise!!! Maria and I fell deeply in love with one another, I proposed marriage to her and she accepted my proposal on the day we returned. The Monarch is such a pleasure. Food and overall service was great, facilities and ship were always immaculate. Customer service was great in some places and not so hot in others, but overall this is an excellent adventure. Having been in retail for over 30 years, the Monarch needs to take a look at their methods of communicating with passengers and in addition make sure all their people are in the know as to those communications. Too much misinformation on the same subject was handed out by members of the crew. Secondly, the entertainment should be positioned to the passenger mix as to demographics. They are very "young people" oriented and tend to forget about us "oldies but goodies," with most of the wealth in the USA. Also, they let young people below the age of 16 into most of their dance facilities. I question the wisdom of this, particularly where alcohol is being served and there is smoking, etc., for their "young eyes" to see at such a young age. Overall, this was an excellent experience, and the above is simply to provide input as to what, in my opinion, needs to be improved upon to make the Monarch the best on the seas. Maria and I will give you a call when we set our marriage date, because we want to consider taking a cruise on our honeymoon.