Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was my first cruise, even though I have been working in the industry for over a year, and so I had plenty of product knowledge from books, video and the Internet, etc. I just never experienced it until now.When picking this cruise, I wanted one on a good ship, 4 nights with 1 day at sea, a mixed crowd on board and relatively inexpensive. And that is what we got.The ship is very clean, having just been refurbished in October. Our room steward, Franklyn, and the rest of the staff worked very hard keeping the ship clean. The entertainment was very good. The comedian and variety acts were very well done. I was expecting more spring breakers as this is that time of year, but there were more business conventions than spring breakers, which led to a more subdued atmosphere on board (no problem). The waitstaff and Tan our waiter, worked very hard and were excellent.The food in the Windjammer was average, and the dining room was hit or miss. Some dishes just plain, others were spectacular.The reason I gave four stars and not five, is that everything that happened, I expected. I was not blown away by anything. I loved the experience of cruising the ocean, and will definitely do so again. I certainly was relaxed and enjoyed my vacation. This ship was a great ship for first timers to gauge what they do/do not like about cruising. (Tip: no matter where you are on this or any ship, you will feel it moving). I definitely will sail with Royal Caribbean again, but will go for a seven nighter, probably on one of the Voyager-class ships.