Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A pleasent getaway

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

My wife and I have been on several (4-6) cruises on a variety of providers. The itinerary was good. The time frame fit our needs. The time ashore was good. Embarcation and debarcation were handled beautifully. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. If we were to sail this ship again we would upgrade our cabin.

Pros: The staff were very friendly and helpful. Off ship excursions were well expedited and timing was accurste. Atmosphere of the ship was pleasent. Food and dining arrangements were very good.

Cons: Smoking. My wife and I are non smokers and very sensitive to smoke,(asthma). The smoke in the casino are was unbearable. The cabins are MUCH smaller than we expected, uncomfortably so. The amount of noise on the last night of the cruise was such that we did not sleep .

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

Simply,too small and cramped, even for two people.
Again, the ship is very pleasent and comfortable with the exception of our cabin. We would upgrade.