Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Had a great time

Sail Date: August 01, 2009

I have been crusing since the old emerald seas days in the 70's. My, haven't we come a long way since the 18,000 ton ship days! Must have been on 30+ crusies. It's the only way to "fly". You can go on a 5 day cruise a lot cheaper than 5 days in a hotel on the beach! First timer tips: get there early! Your cruise starts when you walk into the terminal. Wear "cruise cloths"! It may take a while to get your bags. Most people want to see their room first, don't! Go to the buffet and eat first, then get to know the ship, then go and see your room.

Pros: food

Cons: pool area cramped

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The food is good and well prepared! We really enjoyed the breakfast and lunch buffets! If you get a chance to go to their private island do! its the best in the industry. I was expecting hot dogs and hamburgars, but wow what a spread!
Good size. I like a balcony, but the ocean view room is very nice
I loved this ship. The staff was very helpful and nice. The size was good for getting around. The people on board were so much fun. We sat with an older gentelman who take 12 to 14 cruises a year and only uses this line. He had his personal bar tender! Everything was clean and neat. I like this line better than carnival. I hate to use this term, but it's a better class of people and fewer kids!
The staff really cares!
We didn't go to to may shows, but the comedian on board was really funny.