Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Excellent weekend getaway!

Sail Date: September 01, 2009

We had a wonderful time, it was very relaxing and loved most of the trip. This is only my 2nd cruise, my first cruise was also with Royal and I had the most wonderful time, so decided to stay with Royal for my next cruise. Great way to be active and spoiled or lazy and spoiled. The staff was wonderful...my only disappoinment was the cruise excursion. When booking our excursion there was no one in line, there was no hurry but the gentleman failed to give us specific information that would truly have changed our mind about our excursion. I had talked my friends into going with the $99 all-inclusive beach resort excursion so we could sail, windsurf and do the flying trapeze (we do not drink). Apparently, in order for us to do these things we had to be there for the 10:30 am lesson and the shuttle to take us there did not run until 12:30 so we were unable to waterski, windsurf, or sail. We were supposed to be bring socks for the trapeze which we were not told, so we were unable to do that also. This was a waste of $400. I feel horrible that I talked my friends into doing this excursion. The only thing we were told was to bring our own towel, and actually once we got there the hotel provided us with towels so we carried these all day for no reason.

Pros: Loved relaxing and being spoiled for a weekend!

Cons: Employee knowledge of the cruise excursions.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

The My Time dinner (Claude's) was very good. The buffet food was just ok. I was disappointed in this, since on my last cruise all the food was excellent regardless of where we were.
Although this appears to be an older ship it was always very clean. The only downfall was our hallway consistently smelled of mold. Thankfully this was the only place.
Our stateroom was very clean and comfortable.
The staff was wonderful...my only disappoinment in this area was the cruise excursion employee. When booking our excursion there was no one in line, there was no hurry but the gentleman failed to give us specific information that would truly have changed our mind about our excursion. I had talked my friends into going with the $99 all-inclusive beach resort excursion so we could sail, windsurf and do the flying trapeze. Apparently, in order for us to do these things we had to be there for the 10:30 am lesson and the shuttle did not run until 12:30 so we were unable to waterski, windsurf, or sail. We were supposed to be bring socks for the trapeze so we were unable to do that also. This was a waste of $400. I feel horrible that I talked my friends into doing this excursion. The only thing we were told was to bring our own towel, and actually once we got there the hotel provided us with towels so we carried these all day for no reason.