Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Did not meet my expectations

Sail Date: March 06, 2009

I recently sailed on Monarch of the Seas. The ship was clearly older, the bathrooms were extremely small and not very functional. The shower curtain was terrible. There were no sports bars on the ship.

Pros: The bed was REALLY comfortable

Cons: The age of the ship and lack of sports bars on the ship

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

It may be time to retire or update this ship
The food at the Windjammer was never really hot. Good choices, however. The dining room experience was good. I do prefer freestyle dining, but the wait staff was great.
The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was terrible
Our stateroom attendant was excellent!
The evening shows at the Sound of Music Theatre were very good
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I was disappointed with Coco Cay. There was no swimming beach.
Seeing the Atlantis was a must. There were many parts of it that we missed as we did not opt for an excursion
Don't Miss: Atlantis