Won't cruise with RC again

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 23, 2009
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
The ship was somewhat outdated by with the inexpensive price of the cruise I guess that was to be expected.

The windjammer cafe was wonderful. We ate most of our meals there. Also Jade Sushi was good eventhough they had very little variety. We did eat in the formal dining room for one meal and both my meal and my traveling partners meal were lacking in taste. The waitstaff was very friendly at all dining locations.

Where should I begin...The RC Singers and Dancers were horrible (with the exception of 1 of the singers who was amazing). The costumes looked like something put together by a small child. We saw 2 shows and both left us shocked, if not embarrased for the performers.

There were tons of activities for kids. I would recommend this cruise only if you have small kids. It seems as though most of the activity planning was spent on those under 17. Normally that is fine but when bad weather happens the adults are left with few things to do. The casino was nice and kept us occupied for a while (thank goodness for the 5 cent slots).

Great cruise for children

Very friendly

It was clean

Small but clean.
This is the 2nd time I've been to Nassau. I think one time was enough to see everything. Visit the Straw Market for knock off handbags and sunglasses and other small gifts. I would suggest taking the ferry over to Paradise Island however be careful as they will charge you more than the agreed upon price. I don't recommend being out after dark in the Nassau area for safety reasons.
Don't Miss: Straw Market
Well we didn't get to stop in Cococay due to poor planning on RC part. How can you advertise this as a stop when you can only stop if the water is calm. If the water is rough (at all, even without inclament weather) then the ship does not stop because smaller boats are used to transport to the island. There is no stable port so it is hit or miss as to whether you will actually get to stop here. Whereas RC can not control the rough waters it does seem as though this would be mentioned when booking the trip OR they would have a more stable way of getting to the island. RC acted as though not stopping was a normal thing and no type of compensation was offered. It simply resulted in another day at sea with no activities to keep us occupied. I would never have booked this cruise had I known there was a chance of this. From what we heard this was the best part of the trip but I guess we will never know...

Pros: Windjammer Cafe (buffet)

Cons: Lack of planning by RC in regards to stop in CocoCay

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? No.