A Great Cruise

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 16, 2009
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
It was a pleasant cruise. We enjoyed ourselves. I was disappointed in the condition of the room. It was dirty and worn. Even smaller than I expected, difficult to unpack and pack, not enough space to unpack 4 people.

We enjoyed our wait staff probably the most. Very pleasant and accommodating! Our assistant waiter went out of her way to give us anything we needed and very freindly at the same time. Though I am not sure exactly what the head waiter's role is, we found him to be a little full of himself and somewhat repetitive. There were other occassions on the ship when people behind the counter were not as pleasant. We bought two soda pkgs and when asking for soda we felt we were imposing when alcohol was not purchased. We also purchased some non-alocholic drinks off of the soda pkg and this service was not the best experience either.

The food was very good and the variety also very good. One of my children is slightly picky and he was able to be accommadated at every meal either with something on the menu or an alternative.

New departure process works great!

As noted above. Great variety and quality

Overall good. A juggler/comedian act was very good!

My children are 11. They didn't feel really welcome. My dtr attended a short session and she was not impressed. One game was played and it wasn't her thing.

As noted above. Public areas were nice. Cabin was very worn.

cabin worn and small.
Okay. Lots of cab drivers, braiders at the port.
Enjoyed the experience all most completely. There were alot of rocks getting into the water

Pros: The Food and Service was very good !!!

Cons: The cabin seemed a bit dated and worn !!

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!