Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

First time cruise, Excellent experience

Sail Date: July 01, 2008

This is my first time cruise, I didn't expect too much, but I was amazed by the service I've received. All the staff were friendly and courteous. I was very surprised that the staff remembered everything we told them the nights before and they followed up on how the trip was. I didn't really enjoy breakfast, but did look forward to dinner. Dinner served upscale food, feel free to ask for more than one dish.

The only complaint I do have is with our credit card bill. At check in, my boyfriend & I used separate credit cards for our seapass card to get charged. When we got home, all charges were put onto his credit card. Luckily, he didn't get an overdraft on his debit/ checkings account. He called Royal Caribbean and the representative, Sandy was very rude on the telephone. Whenever he said something, she didn't answer and kept talking over him. Nor did she ever apologize for the mistake and told him ,"it is your fault for setting it up this way." At check in, we signed separate credit card agreements to be charged, but all charges were on his, so how is that OUR fault? Yes, this is a mistake, but she could have apologized instead of putting the blame on us.

Everyone was friendly and courteous until we got OFF the ship and have to deal with the rude customer service representation, Sandy. Enjoy the cruise, hope you guys won't have to deal with the credit card issue that we did. Like i said, good thing we didn't get an overdraft fee from THEIR mistake.

Pros: EVERYONE was really nice and friendly on the cruise

Cons: breakfast food, rude customer representative lady named sandy

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

food at dinner was my favorite, always looked forward to dinner time. staff were very friendly, feel free to order as many items as you like.
rooms were really small. i had an interior room, first time cruisers shouldn't get that room because its so dark, i had a hard time waking up. you may convert the beds from 2 twins to 1 bed, which i didn't really like.
Optional: Add a commReplrating6_hidden=