Our First Cruise

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

3 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 28, 2008
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
This was our first cruise, so I dont have a point of reference but we had a great time. The crew members were not only very nice but they were actually helpful; there were a couple of times when I stopped a crew member to asked directions, and not only would they give you the direction but also offer to show you. The food and activities were both outstanding as was our shore excursion. As noted on other reviews the ship is an older ship and the rooms are a bit small but adequate. Our only issue was with ground transportation to/from airport, it is expensive. I wish the line would do something for those not going on the city tours. We intend on sailing on other RC ships and with other lines, because this trip showed us that we will enjoy cruising!

I would like to single out the Windjammer (casual dinning) staff for their outstanding service; I think these folks are the unsung heroes of the ship!

We enjoyed both the quality and variety of the shows and activities.

Everyone, and I do mean everyone were very friendly and helpful.

As I understand it this is a small ship (it was big to me) and you can tell it is older, however it was clean and well kept.

Small, older, but well kept; our attendant was outstanding.
This excursion was very well done, after a brief tour of Ensenada we were taken to a restaurant where we ended up making our own lunch! The whole group had a great time, this very well may have been the best single thing we did on the cruise!- Dont miss it!
Don't Miss: Taste of Mexico

Pros: It was all very well done

Cons: Ground Transportation to/from airport.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!