Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

First time!

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

There were four of us girls ages 18-29, and it was my first cruise. I had alot of fun overall. But somehow we got on a cruise full of creepy horny guys. We just wanted to hang out w/ the girls; not get constantly propositioned.

Pros: Most of the Staff

Cons: The other cruisers.

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? Yes!

I don't really have anything to compare it to, but it seemed a little small. It was nice that we got to know our way around pretty quickly. Public areas were clean. Some of the elevators skipped floors, so we had to backtrack to get where we were going.
The variety was pretty good. The food was very good, but a little mass-produced. I live in wine country in California so it was a little below my expectations.
so-so. we walked out of the comedy show because the comedian seemed to think that the word "sperm" alone was enough to entertain the guests and carry the show.
99% of the staff was incredible! We loved the accents of the international staff and our waiter treated us as if were were his only table. We had a table to ourselves, which was nice. One of the breakfast waiters was a total creep and would take the syrup away from my friend and pour it seductively across her pancakes. It wasn't flirty and was obnoxious!! JR and Boro were the best waiters ever!
It was tiny, but we didnt care! All four of us were in one room and we had four bunks.