Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Old and in need of updating

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

My two grown daughters and I had a Jr Suite. I would expect that the beds would be comfortable. The matress was a foam pad in need of replacement, and the pillows were flat. Carpet was dirty. We had to ask for extra pillows and the ones they brought were like new. Also had them bring in another pad for the beds. The rest of the ship was ok. Most of the staff was friendly. Food ok. Royal Caribbean charged a lot of money for a ship that is in desperate need of updating. I have cruised Holland America and they are most certinly a 5 star cruise line. So if you have never cruised before you probably won't be disappointed on the Monarch.

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Ships over all condition-Poor

Recommends Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED)? No.

Lines too long.