Short but wonderful

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

3 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 03, 2007
This was a 3 day cruise and to be honest I sort of expected it to be a booze cruise. It wasnt. The check in was very fast, we were on the ship before we knew it. The cabin was slightly smaller than others I have seen but comfortable and had plenty of storage space.
The food was fabulous. We chose to have room service breakfast, buffet lunch and main dining room on 2 nights. They were all great. Tasy food, beautiful presentation and attentive and friendly staff. We also tried the sushi restaurant, limited menu but good quality and nice ambience.
Very interesting shops, with some good buys.
The evening entertainment was fine. I cannot speak highly enough about the cruise director Jonny O.
This ship was not crowded at all. We were always able to get a seat in the lounges and the sundecks.
The one thing that I didnt like was the very early wake up on the last day. Ok, I hate getting up early and this felt horrible. I didnt manage breakfast as it was from 6-8. We just sat in the lounge and waited till the colour was called, we were off the ship by 8am. Felt a little bit like hurry up and get off we need the bed. This is the same for most cruise lines though.
Over allI highly recommend the Monarch of the Seas.

8.30pm was perhaps a little late for some but if you have a late lunch its ok.

Surprisingly uncrowded

Lovely stateroom attendant.
Not the best port I have visited but ok for shopping. The fiesta tour was good.
Don't Miss: Bazar Casa Ramirez. Lovely staff great shopping

Pros: The very quick check in time

Cons: The very early wake up on the last day

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!