This is a great way to vacation

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

3 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 01, 2007
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
Our waiter was wonderful. Our room steward was excellent. The overall staff of the ship was great. I was surprised that the cruise director was not as sensitive as he should have been in regards to poolside activities where children were present. Had my children been present my review would be much different.

Our waiter Antonio was excellent.

The evening entertainment was very good. I did not participate in the adult entertainment.

Cruise director should have been more aware of the quality of entertainment with the regards to the presence of children in the pool areas. Patrons and participants in activities should have been admonished to remember the presence of children and keep their humor clean and appropriate.

There should be stricter rules on smoking areas and the types of smoking. I was sitting on the upper deck above the pool when a man with a cigar sat next to me and basically forced me to move to get away from his nasty smelling cigar. Cigars should be restricted to the cigar bar only.

Pros: The food was wonderful, the cruise staff was kind, curteous and helpful

Cons: The last day of the cruise, people at the pool were drunk very early in the day and were allowed to display inappropriate behavior in front of all in the pool area without any staff intervention. Had my children been with me I would have been very offended. I'm sure there were many people who were

Recommends Monarch of the Seas? Yes!