Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Great ship EXCEPT for...

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

The public areas of the ship are beautiful and well-maintained. The two pools (back-to-back) are among the larger pools I've seen on a cruise ship. Overall the decor was very classy, rich-looking and not gaudy.

Pros: Food, public areas of ship

Cons: Stateroom

This is the one negative thing I have to say about the Monarch, BUT it's a biggie. This is by far the worst stateroom I have ever had on a ship. Because of that one thing we would not cruise on this ship again unless we could get a larger cabin if there are any at a reasonable cost. About 10 years ago my husband and two teenagers and I were in a four-person, four bunk inside cabin on the Carnival Paradise. We felt less cramped and had more storage space than just my husband and I had on the Monarch. I cannot imagine being in that room for a week with snorkel gear.
I have been on quite a few cruises and have never had better food than on the Monarch (some equal but none better).