Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Outstanding weekend away

Sail Date: October 06, 2006

The room was a little smaller than we expected it too be. Next time I will spend the extra money for the suite instead of just the ocean view. The view was very nice from the room on the 6th floor.

Pros: The entire cruise from the onset was perfect. It was by far better than I anticipated.

Cons: The room could have been a little bit larger.

A little small, but plenty of drawer and closet space for 2 peoples clothes.
There could have been a few more activities at sea a little earlier in the evening, everything seemed to start at about 9:00. So not much to do aside from eat and drink. The art auction was quite nice though. Some gorgeous art work to choose from if you are looking for quality paintings and etchings.
Very easy to find where everything was located, elevators were very slow though so we took the stairs most of the time.
The only problem I had with the food was there was just too much. I think I ate at least 6 times a day while on board. From free room service continental breakfast at 7:30 am to room service at 1:30 am the food was plentiful and delicious.
No matter what time of day or night everyone greeted us with a warm smile on their face with what seemed like sincere concern for our well being.
Ensenada, Mexico
Shopping was good at the La Boufadora, but I was a little upset when I found out it was cheaper to get the tour in Ensenada than it was to book it with the Cruise line.