Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Fun Times!

Sail Date: September 25, 2006

The ship was in pretty good shape, though the staterooms needed some updating. I'm no longer used to smoking being allowed, so everything had a hint of cigarette smoke.

Pros: The service was fantastic from the moment we boarded until we disembarked.

Cons: The breakfast buffet left a bit to be desired.

Dinners were great, but the breakfast and lunch buffets grew old quickly. A change of offerings would be nice on the buffets.
The stateroom needed updates to the overall decor. A hole had been punched through a wall and poorly patched. Location was great. Room was pretty tiny, but it was serviceable.
I can't say enough about the service. Our poolside server Marshall was a blast and on top of everything. Same for our entire dining staff.
They really made the trip enjoyable.
Ensenada, Mexico
Get the fresh tacos from the taco stand at La Bufadora. Great grub!
San Diego, California
I'm a big fan of the beach and used to live just north of San Diego, so I know my way around well. I didn't hit the usual tourist spots, but took my group down to Pacific Beach for a day at the beach. We all had a great time.