Fun Times!

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 25, 2006
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
The ship was in pretty good shape, though the staterooms needed some updating. I'm no longer used to smoking being allowed, so everything had a hint of cigarette smoke.

Dinners were great, but the breakfast and lunch buffets grew old quickly. A change of offerings would be nice on the buffets.

I can't say enough about the service. Our poolside server Marshall was a blast and on top of everything. Same for our entire dining staff.
They really made the trip enjoyable.

The stateroom needed updates to the overall decor. A hole had been punched through a wall and poorly patched. Location was great. Room was pretty tiny, but it was serviceable.
I'm a big fan of the beach and used to live just north of San Diego, so I know my way around well. I didn't hit the usual tourist spots, but took my group down to Pacific Beach for a day at the beach. We all had a great time.
Get the fresh tacos from the taco stand at La Bufadora. Great grub!

Pros: The service was fantastic from the moment we boarded until we disembarked.

Cons: The breakfast buffet left a bit to be desired.