Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

" Not what I expected "

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

We went on this particular ship with 20 other women for my mothers bachelorette party. We had about 10 or 11 rooms and we were on the second deck. Every time we would try and take a shower for dinner, we had black crap and bubbles from the passengers above us. When we would call the maintenace to inform them of our problem, they said that they would send somebody and it took two calls and one trip up to Guest Relations. This happened every night on our cruise. It was a big inconvenience and a waste of our time and money. I would never cruise along on this particular ship. The rest of my party agrees.

Pros: I reallly liked our stateroom attendant and our waiters.

Cons: I did not like out maintenance secretaries or the quality of our room.

The ship was recently redone and it was very nice and presentable, but the showers and the rooms were very unacceptable.
The condition of the staterooms were very poor, regardless of the age of the ship.
The food was outstanding and the waiters were a lot of fun.