Not a good cruise

Monarch of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

3 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 14, 2006
Ship: Monarch of the Seas
Please do not give my email out.
Cruise reservation 3994737.
Insurence policy reads 3995737
Royal Caribbean 7/14 through 7/17/2006.
I had booked this reservation in early January 2006. This was a gift for the Werner Reunion. This was the big blue truck line. I had many problems with the booking. Had to call several times to get everyone streightened out. Many just called on their own to get a individual bookings as no one new what they were talking about when they said they were with the Werners. I had requested we could be close to mom (in her 80's.) We paid extra tp get a room close to the elevator. We were in a different hall than her. We were not close. We were OK though. The Entertainment was absolutely awful. The things planned on board were very limited and they over lapped with each other so that you could get involved with one but not the next. Show Time was a comedian two different nights. Show dancers were one night. We could never make the first seating for the show as our food took so long to get to us that we went to the late show every night.
My husband and I have done at least a dozen cruses in the last ten years. (Including the three night cruise with the other cruise line) This cruise No one recognized us as the Werners at a reunion. No one cared. This was the first thing I said to the person when I booked the cruise. This was by far the worst cruise we ever did. We had not ever gone through Cruises. com before. This is probaby good for the first timers. My family was first timers so they did not know what to expect. The ship we were on was so small that we were just could not believe it. The waiter told us that the only money she made was from our tips. The waiter had two full tables that did not show up on the last night. We went to the show on the last night. Most all the seats were saved. I said to one man that was saving seats that this was not allowed. He said I do not see any signs telling me that. We had our Werner Family with us. We sat in the far rear and that was OK even though all the seats were empty because all were being saved. At the pool on the last day....Another terrible experience. All the deck chairs were saved by 9 am. We arrived and had no chairs and no towels. We went to our room and got our own towels. We did We went to our room. We will NEVER call you again and never go through Royal Caribbean. I spoke to a Angie, a Berkely, Jennifer, Marie.
We (my husband and myself) both looked at each other and bit our lip to not say anything to anyone about this adventure. You will never hear from us again.
Unahppy people.

I had expected that the children would be limited to a childrens pool.

Dining waiter was good as well as the man that took care of the rooms.

Pros: Food

Cons: Not Enough Activities planned.