Monarch of the Seas (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

What a wonderful adventure

Sail Date: April 14, 2006

I had never been on a cruise before. So I booked this cruise for myself and my boyfriend. I thought a short cruise would be good so that we could see if we even liked being on a ship. We had a wonderful time. The staff was friendly and actually with my boyfriend being from Jamaica he met several staff members from his country and even his city. We were treated like we were VIPs by everyone. The crew was so nice and friendly, with a lot of energy. I had a facial on the ship and it was excellent. The spa staff was professional and gave me the "you are the only one on this ship" feeling. What can I say about the food...other that it was great. There were so many choices. I think we must have gained a few pounds by the end of the cruise. The shopping onboard was good. There was a lot of variety to choose from. The duty free shopping was terrific and this is coming from a shop-a-holic. There were just so many things to do or not do that we were never bored whether you were lounging in the cabin or lounging by the pool. Because of this great experience we had I am now shopping around for a longer cruise destination.

Pros: The staff was great, the food was exccellent,

Cons: The boarding and exiting process