First-time Cruiser!

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Mariner of the Seas

3 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 31, 2020

Ship: Mariner of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8282

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

I am in love with cruising now!! At first I was nervous since this was my first cruise, but everything was amazing. I felt completely safe and found my way around the ship pretty easily. Everyone was warm and welcoming and went out of their way to make us happy. Can’t wait to cruise with Royal again!

Embarkation

We breezed through security and boarded the ship in less than a half hour! Facial recognition speeded things up, so I recommend having your picture loaded during online check in.

Ship experiences

The main dining room was an amazing experience! Loved the personal service and attention to detail that our waiters Randy and Ni gave us. No have a gluten allergy, and Randy took great care in helping me find items I could enjoy. Windjammer buffet had a great variety of food, but was somewhat limited on gluten free options, especially desserts. I was able to eat safely, but would have enjoyed some more variety in the gluten free options.

Main Dining Room

Loved the service we received in the Main Dining Room. We were on Deck 3, My Time Dining. Our waiter Randy was amazing. Very attentive to my gluten allergy. He helped me identify safe options each evening.

Would have enjoyed a few more shopping venues on board.

We enjoyed the ice show and the comedy magic show very much.

We were greeted with a warm smile from most every staff member, regardless of what they were doing. We felt very welcomed everywhere we went on board.

Ship was immaculate. We constantly saw staff wiping down handrails.

Ship tip

Book excursions early and keep checking for prices to go down. You can always rebook at the lower price.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Disembarkation

Very happy with the speed of disembarkation.

Traveler Photos