Relaxing cruise

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: December 01, 2012
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
Mariner is a beautiful ship. I loved the solarium - such a peaceful place to watch the sea go by - probably the reason this is the most relaxing cruise I've taken. Our stateroom was comfortable and room steward Marisa del Cruz took great care of us. Food at the Windjammer was pretty poor. Servers were slow to serve drinks and fast to clear tables - when dining alone\, there was no way to return to the buffet and still have your drink and table when you returned. Food other than beef in the dining room was good. Steaks were leather-tough and not cooked to order. Service in the Sound of Music dining room began poorly and improved throughout the cruise. Embarkation and disembarkation were more difficult than any I have experienced in 8 cruises; however\, I loved Mariner and as we got back to port\, wished I had another 7 days of sailing.

Windjammer was really crummy with exception of the sushi. Breakfast was disappointing there and in dining room. Loved the early My Time dining in Sound of Music. Food quality was a little disappointing. I've never had a worse steak. Everything but the steak was good. Dining room staff needs to be more aware of needs of women dining alone.

Loved the ice show. The musical shows in the Savoy were way too loud. I felt assaulted and didn't go back after the first one. Casino was miserably tight and not much fun. Good miniature golf course. Love the solarium pools.

Marisa del Sol was an exceptional room steward.

Cleanest ship I've ever sailed on with easiest elevator access.

Got exactly what I paid for.

Pros: Atmosphere on the ship

Cons: Food

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!