Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not as good as past Royal Caribbean Crui

Sail Date: December 01, 2012

Dear Royal Caribbean\,

We have taken a few cruises with Royal Caribbean\, a few with Princess Cruises\, a couple with Carnival Cruises\, and this was the least favorable. This was the first cruise a few of our family members joined in with us on a cruise.
1) In the beginning\, we booked this cruise with a travel agent and it seemed OK. After booking I called Royal Caribbean and requested that our group of 8 be seated at one table for the first setting of dining. I believe I was told that it would have to be set up on the first night of the cruise. I could accept that and so that is what I did. I stood in line waiting for about 30 minutes and I was told we could be set up for the next night as a group at a table for 8.

The next night we were seated at the same table that was for 6 however it was set up for all 8 of us. It was extremely cramped and unmanageable. Once again I contacted the Matradee and requested a table for 8. The third night we were seated at the same table however they had gotten a piece of plywood and placed it over the table to make it for 8. I was somewhat shocked to see it and it was somewhat interesting to say the least. It was somewhat bowed in the middle with each end down. The plywood was not wide enough to cover the whole table so the middle of the table stuck out and the folks in the middle were to deal with it.

2) The table issue was irritating but then there were a couple of other issues. The food was not served hot\, as it should have been. I know for a fact that Royal does indeed serve food hot from past experience. I was SO impressed with the food on our trip to Alaska that I have bragged on the food and service we received.

3) On the first day\, when our luggage arrived\, I noticed my lock was missing from my luggage. It was a TSA approved lock and I have used it on a few occasions and never had any problem. I told the folks at the Guest Services Desk and didnt get much help at all. I would think Royal Ca

Pros: A break from work.

Cons: See the Review.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? No.

Very nice layout.
The tempature of the food at the formal dining sessions was not hot.
Not as friendly as past cruises