Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

sub-standard cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2013

My name is Jesus Chao\, my wife\, Angela\, Diamond members of the Crown and Anchor Club. Stateroom 8616. We cruised on the Mariner of the Seas departing from Galveston from 2/3 to 2/10/2013. We travel every year\, with Royal Caribbean\, in a group of 10 to 14. Some in our group travels more than once in the year with Royal Caribbean. This time we were 11\, 4 were diamond plus\, 5 were diamond and 2 were gold. My cousins\, Luis and Maria Acosta is a disable couple\, on arrival to the terminal the wheel chairs were available immediately\, but it took more than 50 minutes to register\, although for me and my wife\, who are also diamond\, it took less than 10 minutes to register. My cousins were very pleased with the room (2628) and the service. If the arrival for my disable cousins was poorly organized\, leaving the ship was a complete disgrace. The disables were left at the luggage claiming place and wait for over one and a half hour for a wheel chair to go through customs and be taken where the buses pick the passengers. The Royal Caribbean lady in charge of the disable wheelchairs was extremely incompetent and rude. Because there was only one wheel chair for the three disables in our group\, after the long wait\, the porter of the Port Of Galveston took with him a chair for the lady who had heart surgery and was short of air\, so she could sit while waiting to pass customs and immigration and wait for the bus.
We had 5 days with problems with the Stateroom phone needing to go to the phones at the elevators to communicate with the rest of the group. The food at the main dining room was the standard fine quality of the Royal Caribbean\, but the service was sub-standard\, although the waiter and his assistant were courteous and hard working and was trying to do their best\, was evident that they need better training. The head waiter tried his best to help to overcome their lack of experience. On the Windjammer the food was sub-standard abusing the use of

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? No.

Excelent service\, Nizar laatiri. Also in the Crown and Anchor Club.
Disgraceful the \"lady\" in charge of the Disables' wheel chairs at the Galveston Port Terminal