what a mess

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Transatlantic

Contributor Level: Third Mate

15 Night Transatlantic Eastbound (Galveston To Barcelona)
Sail Date: April 21, 2013
#1 the trip to Galveston took all day from Denver.....they had to hold the ship because we were so late in getting there. #2 We could not download the luggage tags because they shut off the ability to very early and of course in Houston they ran out of luggage tags. Finally we got on the buses to Galveston a couple of hours late. My bus smelled so badly of gas fumes we finally arrived with headaches. My balcony cabin was great except for on the bed was a notice that the casino was closed for 10 days while they remodeled it so the ship would be ready for it's 3 yr. stint in the Far East. Of course they so kindly credited us with a $100 credit on our cruise. 10 days at sea was great otherwise. Loved Madere and the Rock of Gibraltar so much better than the Canary Islands on the last transcontinental I took 3 yrs. ago. Alicante and Nassau were not bad as I had also been there years ago. What can you possibly see in Barcelona when you have to leave the ship at 6:30am to get to the airport for a 10:00 AM flight. Glad I stayed over before for a week or more. Now the biggest complaint.......at 6:30 AM I got to the luggage disembarking the ship with #l tags on both of my suitcases so I could catch their bus to the airport and of course they lost, on the ship no less one of my suitcases. Waited as long as I could so I wouldn't miss the flight to Madrid, to London and home. Filled out my lost luggage report and was told that my suitcase would be found and returned to me as it is on the ship. I ran through Barcelona airport, Madrid airport and London airport as my flight schedules all said that I was on American Airlines all the way through. #1 flight to Madrid was actually Iberia, #2 flight to London was Iberia also and they are not even close to each other. I am 73 years old and I'll tell you that the schedule you sent to me confirming flights as per Royal Caribbean was so far off. Got through customs in London and of course my flight to Denver was not American A/L but British A/L.

Don't let them get their hands on your luggage......I guess it would be better to hand carry everything. I am going on almost 3 months without my suitcase that held all my dress up clothes and smart casual wardrobe. They wrote me off and credited my credit card with $300 because they quit looking.

beautiful
one of the most interesting ports I've seen
Don't let RCL do your airlines for you