Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Ship

Sail Date: September 01, 2008

This is a huge ship!!!!!!!!! We were on the ship going through the Caribbean while Ike was going through Cuba and the Gulf of Mexico and the ship handled the rough seas brilliantly! We got into 15 foot swells and while the ship was moving it handled the seas better than any other ship I have been on in the past. We were unable to go to Grand Caymon Island due to the rough seas, but we made it to all of our other ports with one minor diversion to Montego Bay, Jamaica instead of Ocho Rios. I wonder if I can get my souvenier shirt changed? Anyway, the ship was great and the service was in the top of the cruises that I have been on. I highly recomend this cruise to a couple or family. The promenade deck was awe inspiring and the ice skating rink was a unique feature to have on a ship. The ice show was amazing! If you like or don't like iceskating it is worth going due to the intamacy of the theater. The other shows were decent, but could have been better. I like the casino, but not many people were winning when I tried to win at the tables. The only complaint about the ship was there were not many out of the way places to escape to. Most of the bars and lounges are in the middle of everything, and there was not enough seating at the buffet during lunch and breakfast. Minor complaints really. If you have been on cruises or looking to go for the first time the Mariner of the Seas is a no brainer for the money!

Pros: The service was outstanding

Cons: The food could have been better

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!