Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful Ship, Terrible Management

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

The ship is beautiful. Facilities are great. Room maintenance and dining room staff was great. However, management of the ship is poor. My luggage lock was cut off somewhere between dropping it off at the dock and delivery to my stateroom. The management would do nothing to investigate this; fortunately, nothing turned up missing. The daily newsletters were full of inconsistencies. People missed the ice show because the information said that the tickets would be given out on Tuesday, with the shopping show on Monday. However, the opposite occurred. Information for filling out the customs form was on TV and was inaccurate. I had prepaid for three shore excursions, and when I arrived at my stateroom, I had notice that two had been canceled. Internet service was extremely slow and expensive, higher cost than listed on the website; however, I was able to get a small credit after complaining about this.

Pros: Ship is terrific

Cons: Management

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? No.