Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Such a fun vacation!

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

I just sailed on Mariner of the Seas to Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. It was my first experience with Royal Caribbean and my first cruise that lasted over four days. To be honest, I was a little nervous about being on a ship for an entire week, but my anxiousness about not having enough to do, or getting tired of overlooking water was completely unfounded. Not only did I thoroughly enjoy every minute on Mariner, I wasn't ready to leave at the end of the cruise. Service on the ship was excellent - our dinner server and stateroom attendant both were very attentive, friendly and service-oriented. The excursions were easy to book - can do it online before boarding the ship or even in your room via TV once on the boat - and easy to locate, due to clearly marked signs. Activities on the boat are endless and there's something for everyone, from bingo, to karaoke, to rock climbing, ice skating and the daily schedule made it easy to find available options of things to do. I especially enjoyed the ice show - each of the skaters showed talent, creativity and skill. I wasn't expecting to see a double lutz on an ice rink in the middle of the ocean - quite impressive! I would definitely recommend this ship and its destinations to friends/family looking to book a cruise vacation.

Pros: Beautiful ship - clean, spacious, well-designed, easy to navigate!

Cons: The cookies served in The Promenade...disappointing every time.