Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Mexico

Could be better

Sail Date: February 01, 2010

The ship was very nice and the shopping street in the middle of the ship was interesting.
I have cruised 3 other times, each with a different cruise lines
We will not cruise again with RC. There are no self-serve laundry facilities!! And at 1.25 to wash one pair of underwear a family could do broke just getting the laundry done!
Each day we were swerving in and around the cleaning carts in the hallways. Every other day we saw the staff with long gloves on and masks as they were cleaning out the sewar pipes. Why was this not done when we were in port? What did I have to smell this?

Pros: The option for an inside with a bow window overlooking the shoppin

Cons: The every-other-day sewar smell as the staff was cleaning out the pipes

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

We left the 3 year old at home. BUt I did tour the facilites to see what they were like. There was lots of room for the kids to run around and an excellent arcade. However, I didn't see a kids splash pool. That was too bad, and I am really glad that she didn't come as she is not potty trained and would not have been able to swim in the pools
The biggest problem was that all the dining was centralized in one area. Unlike other cruise lines with pizza bars, etc near the pools this one had nothing around the pool area for food and many of the bars were closed up at supper time.
The food was good. I mean it was a cruise line you would have to be really bad to mess that one up.
I really enjoy movies and unfortunately, RC does not do movies under the stars like other lines. Their movie theatre was very small. Unfortunately, they didn't think to raise each row of seats high than the next. I watched only one movie as I didn't have the patience to keep moving my seat to see
I really really like that my inside cabin had a bow window that overlooked the shopping. The only down side was that each window was directly across from another one. It would have been nice if these staterooms were staggered so that you weren't looking directly into another's room.
Sellapen was our primary waiter in the dining room. He and his crew were excellent!