Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First Time Anywhere

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

This was our very first cruise and on the Saturday before we were due to sail, I seriously wished that we had not booked. On arrival at Port Canaveral when I first caught sight of the Mariner, I was soon keen to get on board.
I had spent quite a few hours on line looking at pictures of this ship and the Navigator but nothing I saw could capture the excitement of our first explorations of the restaurants and amenities. Just stand at any end of the Royal Promenade and gaze upwards through the seven or eight decks of the atrium and you'll know what I mean.
The meals were served beautifully by expert waiters who soon became our friends. The entertainment was a lot better than some shows on the London stage. The Balcony Stateroom was very comfortable with bags of storage space and the linen service was far better than any hotel on shore.
The organisation of over 3000 guests was absolutely fantastic from begining to end and we met loads of lovely people, some who had cruised up to 19 times and confirmed that this was by far their best experience.
So, after being apprehensive about actually taking a cruise anywhere, by Friday lunchtime I had collected all the brochures and was scanning them to see which European port I could get to quickly to get another Royal Caribbean cruise this summer. Of course, there is always the 7 night Eastern Caribbean to look forward to when we return in the fall.
My one complaint is.... I wish that we had started cruising years ago!

Pros: Almost Everything

Cons: Having to leave the ship!

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!