Adult theme park

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: February 01, 2007
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
The ship is lovely. Its like and adult theme park. Plenty of room at the pools. But it seems that this cruise was the Wal Mart of cruising. Plenty of everything but nothing in particular to make you feel a little pampered. It was clean, and pretty easy to navigate the different areas.
Ive been on a number of cruises, and this was the most bare bones when it came to food. The big midnight buffet was quiet a show, but the beautiful cakes were never seen the entire cruise, even at dinner. As a matter of fact, I can hardly recall any of the prepared items from this buffert EVER BEING SERVED during the cruise. Quite dissapointed. Probably would not sail this line again.

My husband and myself found the food to be awful. Even the other table mates from dinner agreed. I am a vegaterian, and never have had a problem finding alternative meals on any other ship. Most meals were on the level of diner food. When the head waiter offerd to prepare something for me other than the regular menu, I was served tasteless, unseasoned vegtables and bland fish(Salmon, to be precise) How can Salmon have NO flavor. On one evening, my husband chose the lamb. I could tell by the look on his face it was a wrong choice.
Neither of us are big eaters, so quality ranks first. I happen to be an excellent cook (once owned my own restaurant), and really enjoy fine prepared foods. This definetly was not so on this line.

When you did find a staff member, they were quite helpful. But most of the time they were out of sight.
I did not like haveing to provide our own towels at the pools. No tote was offered to carry the towels from the rooms to the pool AND THEN BACK to the room, or be charger $20.00 for a missing towel! And not ONCE was water or and iced tea offerd at pool side. The restaurant that served any refresments was quite a hike from the pool itself.

Even though this is a very large ship, it was quite easy to navigate. Boarding and leaving the ship was first rate. With so many passengers, there was no delay time.

Beds are OK. Have had better

Pros: Ship-eye candy

Cons: the food- worst ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? No.