Love this ship!!!

Mardi Gras Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Mardi Gras

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 25, 2021

Ship: Mardi Gras

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10293

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Everything about this cruise was enjoyable. I literally have no complaints. I would definitely sail on the Mardi Gras again.

Embarkation

Easy process! Lots of agents! Friendly and helpful!

Ship experiences

Everything was amazing! There are so many choices. I loved the variety! My favorite is still the MDR and Guy’s Burger, but Street Eats and Shaq’s Chicken are not far behind.

Lot’s to do for everyone! Enjoyed the piano bar, comedy club, and theater. Center Stage is absolutely wonderful! There was something for everyone at all times. Loved dance classes, bingo, and contests. Laughed so hard at Family Feud!

I can’t say that there was a a person that went above and beyond, but the service was exactly what is expected on a cruise ship. The Fun bunch impressed me the most. They were everywhere.

I am totally impressed with the ship design. I feel like Carnival’s design team read all of the customer comments and used them to design the ship. I especially love how the Market place is designed with lots of seating areas.

Average balcony room, but the closet design and shower design were awesome.

Ship tip

I think sailing at a lower capacity made my trip much more enjoyable. Go now before they return to full capacity. Explore the ship! Try new food venues and activities.

Ports of call

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Puerto Plata tour with lunch was the best tour! So much fun! Carlos aka Papi was an awesome tour guide.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

10 Best Tour was fun and informative. We enjoyed empanadas and coffee on the tour, and nachos and Pina Coladas at Brickhouse Bar.

Disembarkation

Same as embarkation! Easy! Smooth! Friendly!