Marco Polo (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

The general feel of the ship was circa 1950 where it may have had its heyday. For 2007 it was small, cramped and stinky. Seriously, it smelled like gasoline.
The only pool was a joke. It was the size of a postage stamp and completely undesirable. The food was canned. It tasted worse than "Hometown Buffet" which I wouldn't be caught dead in. My companion said it was worth it for the ports but I disagree. It was pathetic. My last cruise was CELEBRIITY, and this was such a letdown. I don't reccommend it to anyone.

Pros: There wasn't much to like. The staff was friendly but nowhere near first rate.

Cons: This was my second cruise and it was such a letdown. The ship was old and rundown and the food was awful. Everything felt LOW BUDGET. The fruit was canned, the meat was chuck and everything tasted like a cheap cafeteria. in addition I felt like I was on a floating old folks home.

Recommends Marco Polo (RETIRED)? No.

It was really small. Most of the passengers were over 90. It felt claustrophobic. The halls were narrow, the staircases were narrow and the ceilings were low. Only one pool and it was miniature and unappealing. I only saw 2 0r 3 people in it during a 17 day cruise.
HORRIBLE. Completely inedible. Indoor was overcrowded and outdoor was barely tolerable.
It smelled like gasoline. I thought I would die of asphyxiation.
The only positive. The staff was very friendly but they seemed like rejects from Celebrity Cruises.
PATHETIC. The entertainment was a joke. They were like the reject contestants from American Idol
There were very few children. Most of he passengers were old and gray. Which is fine except I'm not there yet and I don't really want to travel on a floating retirement home.