Would not go on this ship again given the cabin issues flooding and nothing being done while onboard.

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail Date: April 09, 2018

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Review Summary

Cabin (8570) was occupied by a firefighter, his newly pregnant (and fragile) wife and an 8 year old son. Shortly after boarding, my wife attempted to shower for dinner and the shower flooded the entire bathroom. We were able to use my in-laws' shower next door and promptly reported the problem to the customer service desk. My wife requested we be moved (without response). That night our cabin as well as that of my in-laws (8568) experienced gurgling drain sounds all night (to the extent of disrupting sleep) and noxious odors. My in-laws reported their problems to the customer service desk and the next morning, a repairman came while my wife was there (trying to catch up on sleep she had missed the night before). She explained the issues and suggested he needed to snake the drains (which we believe he did). Unfortunately this did not make much difference. Our drain and shower flooded again the next night (again making it unusable) and the gurgling sounds and strange smells continued in both of these cabins throughout the rest of the cruise. Our inability to shower for a third night caused us to miss our dinner time that evening. Once again, we went to the customer service desk and although we were able to move dinner to a later seating, this was very inconvenient, intruded on our evening and did not work for the 8-year-old. The in-laws have been on 30+ cruises and indicated they had never experienced this sort of unresolved situation. We are expecting that the cruise line will do the right thing in terms of service recovery.

Embarkation

No issues! Quick.

Ship Experiences

Food was marginal. Service Excellent.

Essentially 1 pool for the entire ship! Kids and adults together. Made for crowded pools!

Ports Of Call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)

Disembarkation