Family Vacation Much Needed

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

4 Night Bahamas (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 17, 2017
Ship: Majesty of the Seas

While I've cruised a couple of times in the past, this was a first for my husband and children.  We had a great time!  The food was good, the entertainment was great, the activities were great!  My 13yo son made friends with the other kids on the cruise and enjoyed the freedom of running around the ship on his own. I was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of food they served on the private island at Coco Cay and the weather was perfect for just laying out on the beach in the sun.

I have to say that the interior rooms were really small. Fortunately, you don't want to spend more than the amount of time you need to sleep and shower in the rooms, but when you have four people staying in there, it can get really tight really fast.  Overall, for a first time cruise for my family, it was definitely worth it and I would truly recommend it for anyone looking for a first time cruise experience.

My family was very pleased with the selection of food and the late night options. We all ate and were served very well.

My son loved the basketball court and arcade. My daughter was happy to be able to get in the pool and splashaway bay aqua park. She also loved shopping onboard, especially all the deals. They both loved going to the bar ordering virgin pina coladas.

The entertainment was great. The two comedians were really good; one also did tricks. Then there was the 70's & 80's disco. The closing show was really good with tributes to a lot of R&B artists, singing and dancing to a live band, which was also great. Movies on the pool deck at night was nice also especially since they were pretty current and not eons old. We saw Sing, The Arrival, and The Rogue One. They also showed Fences but I was too tired to stay up to watch that one.

The Adventure Oceans program for children 6 to 11 seemed like a lot of fun. Unfortunately, my daughter (10) didn't want to take part in that; she doesn't like making new friends on her own. But from the orientation they gave and the program the kids put on for all the ship guests in the Centrum, I would definitely recommend signing your kids up. It's a good time for the kids and an opportunity for parents to spend alone.

Standley was our server and Victor was our room keeper. They both were very friendly and did a wonderful job serving my family. It was extra nice when Standley mentioned he missed serving us the one night we chose not to dine in the dining room.

For an older ship, it was very well maintained.

The cabin was really small but well kept. A slightly larger room would have put this whole trip right over the top. But I understand it's one of Royal's oldest ships and the rooms were probably small like that when the ship was built. I've also cruised on Liberty of the Seas and the interior room on that ship was a bit larger.

If you want to enjoy the hot tubs on the pool deck, get out there early in the morning because they stay filled with people even into the late night hours.