Hot in Here

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: July 01, 2016
Ship: Majesty of the Seas

I know it may go without saying but it is hot in the Caribbean in July, so be prepared. Overall, my wife and I love cruising. We have been on 20+ cruises. Majesty of the Seas was a bit of a disappointment. Its an older ship and could have used a new coat of white paint on the exterior. The AC didn't seem to be working very well throughout the ship. But, i guess it could have just been the overall heat as it was 90 degrees. As a Royal Caribbean fan I was a bit disappointed that the Viking Lounge bar was not open as much on other cruises. I personally think the Viking Lounge has the best views on the ship. RC needs to add a few more excursions in Nassau as the best current ones are with Atlantis and therefore are very pricey.

Bar in the Viking Lounge needs to be open more.

Exterior needs a new coat of paint, but otherwise was nice.

We had large oceanview stateroom, however our view was the jogging track so people were constantly going buy our window, so our shades were mostly shut. So, be careful when selecting your room. Look at the deck plans before selecting.