Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Banana Boat

Sail Date: May 20, 2016

Majesty of the Seas

5/20/16 Sailing

The Banana Boat (her nickname)

This review, will hands down, be the best review for this ship.  I know it may be lengthy, but I promise you, you will enjoy every part of this review.

The Ship

Yes she's old, but I loved how majestic she was (ha....see what I did there!!!!!).  The constant vibration of her diesel engines vibrating was a sign that everything was going smoothly.  The 10-15 feet of listing side to side was so soothing that you hardly noticed.  There were parts of the ship that needed updating, but myself and the group I was with found her to be Romantic and just fine.  The occasional smell of diesel and sewage brought back simpler times.  The sheets were always clean and the bed was always made...these are the most important parts.

The Rooms

We all had interior staterooms and I am so glad we did.  The 2:00 pm siesta, in a pitch black room, made it feel like 4 am.  The beds were comfy, but I like a stiff mattress...the wife, not so much.  If you put all your stuff away nicely, and don't drink the $17 Evian'll learn to call it home for a few days.  The room wall are delightfully thin.  You can hear the young lovers behind you, the grumpy "forever dating" couple next to you and the happily married couple that constantly talked about "butt stuff" across the hall.  (I wonder what they thought of us...)

The Food

If you like will love this food.  Everything is delicately, oh who do I kid, more forcefully, dipped in butter before they give it to you.  I know I joke from time to time, but I really think it's a hit or miss on these ships.  I thought the food was pretty good on this cruise compared to the Allure in September.  I did sleep in 3 hour increments so any thing I was eating was delicious...but none the less delicious.  We only ate in the dining room and the Wind Jammer so I can't comment on the other places.

The Booze

By the drink package and tip well.  This will insure the grumpy ass bartenders will continue to serve.  If not, expect to wait 20-30 min for drinks anywhere but the pool deck...those bartenders make strong quick drinks.  None the less, the drink package was well worth it if you like enjoying 30 of something at a time.

The Crew

The dining room staff, casino staff and stateroom attendant were top freaking notch.  The bar staff and everyone else, have to pull the stick out of their butts.  We asked one bartender if he liked this ship, he said no.  (read in thick northern European accent) "I was supposed to be on the Harmony of the Seas, two days before, they say *****, you go to Banana Boat instead.  F*** this S***."  So, yes the crew is very unhappy with their jobs on the Majesty of the Seas.

The Stops

CocoKay was a blast.  Great staff on the islands and the same grumpy slow bartenders on the ship to make you feel at home.
Nassau was dirty and drinks were outrageous.  They drop you off right next to Senior Frogs, (AKA S*** Hole) and 3 miles from Atlantis.  Don't even bother getting off.  My wife and friends did find some fresh hand rolled cigars.  I'll leave a separate review about those later.

We all had a freaking fantastic time!  I think the whole Caribbean and ship knew our group had a fantastic time.  From my wife finding $6 in the casino and turning it into $130, to the 4 am last calls at the bars.  Would definitely do again....with a group...never alone....god never alone.