Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fun cruise, ok food, some diisappointing moments

Sail Date: March 07, 2016

Overall we had a great time on this cruise. The overall destinations were funot  (even though we couldn't dock at Key West because of high winds), and the staff was nice. Our waiter for dinner the first two nights was amazing. Very nice and made great suggestions. Supardi and Saipul were AMAZING!. We had his younger brother I Made the last night and he was great as well. We won a dinner at the Mexican restaurant and did that the 3rd night. Thank god we won that because it was on par with 7-11 food and we were very unimpressed. The staff was nice but it was oddly dead and just an overall odd dituation. They attempted to turn a deli into a mexican reataursnt by tossing a mexican flag over the deli counter. I'd say just ditch the idea entirely, I can't imagine many people enjoy the "churiso nachos" which were essentially 7-11 nachos, covered in pre-packaged nacho cheese and bacon bits. The breakfast was ok, not the best but not the worst. The bacon needed to be cooked a lot longer. There was some confusion over the drink package we purchased and what was included. The first two nights we bought our drinks individually, the last two nights I got the all you can drink package for around $130 for the combined two nights for myself and my girlfriend just had a few drinks because she is running a race this week and wanted to take it easy. On shore the gentleman at the bar was wrong and told us we would need to pay for an "island package" which would include all you can drink just on CoCoCay for around $44 then I would need to buy a separate package on the boat for $55+tax etc to cover me the rest of the day. I paid $30 for two drinks and I believe I should be reimbursed for my drink seeing as how I planned on getting the package for the day and ended up talking to the gentleman at the entrance to the island about an hour later and bought the actual package. Also, the first 2 nights we both got either an espresso or a cappuccino with dinner and it was free. On the last night the assistant waiter (Alvin) told me it would cost extra and that I didn't have the correct package... meanwhile I had NO package the first two nights and wasn't charged for it. He was very adamant about this and got me one "as a favor"... he was rude to say the least, and seemed disheveled from the moment we walked in.

On a positive note, the entertainment was great. The gentleman playing the piano all 4 nights in the bar near the rear of the ship was AMAZING and also hilarious. We went to see him every night and we're not disappointed once. The bar tenders overall seemed a little bit, under trained, as far as their speed and efficiency. Every time I went to get a drink they would be making one at a time, as opposed to taking 4-5 orders at once. At one point it took me about 10 minutes in a line of maybe 8 people to get a Corona. And those in front of me got either beers or simple drinks. Speed is everything at a bar, and theirs was lacking.

Your shopping advisor Erin was awesome. Because of her I was able to purchase an engagement ring for my girlfriend and I will never ever forget that. Is there any way I can contact her and thank her? Let me know please.

Also, Frank Shern cleaned our room and was fantastic, remembered our names every morning and was a great first face to see every day!

So overall on a scale of 1-10:

Staff friendliness: 9

Staff skill: 6

Food Quality: 5

Entertainment: 8

Cleanliness: 9

Value: 8

Very clean. Frank Shern was great
Embarking was fine, disembarkation was delayed, then we watched over 20 people be moved to the front of the line and pass us for God only know what reason, and the staff assisting us were down right disrespectful to say the least.
Frank Shern cleaned our room and was fantastic.
Bahamas were great.
CoCoCay was windy but that's nobody's fault.
We didn't get to see Key West... not happy about this.
Supardi, I Made and Saipul are rock stars. 5 stars all the way. And Frank Shern cleaned our room and was fantastic.
Food was so-so quality, most of the better quality food was undercooked or overcooked.

If you get a day at sea because of wind causing unsafe porting conditions get a chair at the pool right away or you will be stuck on the upper deck where it is an absolute nightmare.