Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A weekend was too long

Sail Date: February 12, 2016

My first RC cruise, but not my first cruise.  I was surprised by the very expensive extras that are added, from 18% automatic gratuity on everything to the soda and alcohol drinks or expensive drink packages that does force everyone to get drunk.  I am a drinker and I guess RC does need the drink package so that everyone can have a good time and forget where they are.  Cruise activities are low class and only good for kids or first timers. The food was below standards in both quality and taste.  Very bland and not much flavor at all across the menu, over boiled pasta, boiled tough ribs, bland soft pizza, and overall blahh. The Johnny Rockets was good, but you have to pay the extra fees to dine there. Starbucks was good just always very slow with a long line and 2 people working during breakfast hours, one person all other times. Rooms are worn, cleaned but I did Lysol and disinfect as hairs were left from the prior cruisers in and on the bathroom toilet and shower and sink was backed up with who knows what floating back up. Life boats failed inspection so we were given a notice that they needed 150 people to volunteer not to board, no negotiations and  only the cost equal to your price paid was being offered which did not include airfare or hotel fares for those that had to travel to the port, I would have and should have but others in my group did not want to. Truly a bummer. Yes, we had a great time but we made that great time in spite of everything. I just would not go on this ship again. In addition to my cruise package that I prepaid before hand that included a single supplement as there is no way multiple people can share the tiny outside cabin;  my cruise cost an additional $350.00 for extras which really wasn't much but the drink package and a steak one night at dinner. Bartenders and dinner servers were cordial overall.

worse location for a cabin, never again. noise, distance, size, backed up sink, pre guest hairs in bathroom
unreasonable long delay to board, very easy to disembark
expensive private island and very very limited onboard activities
limited with a rock climbing wall
very bland and very limited
Miami, Florida
stay a few days before and after and enjoy the city it is very nice day and night.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island) don't pay for the activities as they are very overpriced. eat on the ship as that is where the food was cooked anyway but drink on the island if you have the drink package.
average island, very expensive as everything is imported remember tourism is their 1 and 2 main forms of income

Do not book room 6000 unless it is free. Go with a group and you will have fun, get the drink package otherwise you will not have any fun and will be thirsty